Stay up to date with the most relevant information regarding the Coronavirus.
Coronavirus Public Message
Resources to help you and your family.
- 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- What is Social Distancing?
- Center for Disease Control – How to Protect Yourself
- UNMC Daily Updates
- National Alliance for Hispanic Health
- United Way of the Midlands — Call their support line (2-1-1) for help.
- Protecting Immigrant Families – Immigrant Eligibility for Public Programs During COVID-19
- Luthern Family Services of Nebraska – Multi-lingual Assistance: Videos made in partnership with Restoring Dignity (available in 14 languages).
- Meatpacking Plant Workers — Protecting yourself from COVID at work
I’m feeling ill. What is an easy and quick way to see if I have Coronavirus?
- One World Community Health Centers — call 402-734. Se habla Español.
- Charles Drew Health Centers — call 402-451-3553 for an appointment.
- CHI Health
WIC — Women, Infant, and Children Program
- WIC Douglas County Health Department – Call 402-444-1770 for more information.
- WIC One World – Call 402-734-2028 for more information.
- WIC – Find a location near you.
Other Medical Related Resources
- American Heart Association (AHA) COVID-19 Resources
- Medicaid Provider Updates
- NE Department of Insurance – Coronavirus: What does my health insurance cover?
- Mental Health during Social Distancing
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Services Administration
- Online Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
- Methodist Emotional Support Line
- Women’s Center for Advancement– 24/7 Hotline: 402-345-7273
- Hold virtual domestic violence support groups / sexual assault support groups
- For more information, please contact Amanda at 402-345-6555 x 217 or email WCAClasses@wcaomaha.org
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – call 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – call 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- CDC Guidance
- Paycheck Protection Program – SBA loans that help businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus crisis.
- DHHS Restaurant In-Room Dining Reopening Guidelines 4/28/20
For a customized list, please call us at 402-733-2720.
No Kids Hungry – Text the word “FOOD” to 877-877. You will receive a message with meal service information about sites near you.
Catholic Charities – Juan Diego Center
Food Bank for the Heartlands
• Mobile Pantry List – June
• Child Feeding Sites
•Pantry Partners by Zip Code
- The Salvation Army: Burrows Center 6101 NW Radial Highway | 402-898-5936 | Mon-Fri between 9 am-11 am and again from 1 pm-3:30 pm
- Project Hope: 6201 N. 60th St. | 402-453-7649 | Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11 am-2:30 pm
- Heart Ministry Center: 2222 Binney St. | 402-451-2321 | Tues. and Wed. 10 am-1 pm, Fri. 11 am-2 pm, and Sat. 9 am-11 am
- Together: 812 S. 24th St. | 402-345-8047 | Mon-Fri 12 pm-2 pm
- Heartland Hope Mission: 2021 U St. | 402-733-2077 | Tues. 6:30 pm-7:30 pm, Thurs. 1:30 pm-4:00pm, and Sat. 9:30 am-12:00 pm
- Eastern NE Community Action Partnership: 2406 Fowler Ave. | 402-453-5656 | Tues. and Thurs. 9 am – 2 pm
Intercultural Senior Center: Food pantry for adults ages 50 and older who live in Douglas County. Home delivery, pick up and drive up options available.
Home delivery should call 402-444-6529.
Pick up and Drive up location is 5545 Center Street. Dates and times are Monday through Friday 10am-4pm.
- Metropolitan Utilities District (MUD)
- Omaha Public Power District (OPPD)
- Cox Communications
- Find your nearest hotspot
- St. Vincent de Paul: Call 402-909-5168 and a volunteer will contact you.
- United Way of the Midlands: Can also call their helpline at 2-1-1.
- Department of Health and Human Services: Phone: 1-800-383-4278 for economic assistance hotline.
- Social Security
- Omaha Public Schools – Academic Resources
- Omaha Public Library – Learn at Home
- Mexican Nationals Elementary & Middle School Education
- Sesame Street in Communities
- Explaining the Coronavirus to Children
- Five Ways to Lead Kids During Covid-19
- Nebraska State Education Association (NSEA) — NSEA has partnered with News Channel Nebraska and Lincoln Public Schools to offer educational programming for elementary and secondary students free to all Nebraska children
¿Need food assistance? Check out our Pantry Map!
Our office is currently closed to the public. However, we are still working virtually to assist our community.
If you need assistance, please call 402-733-2720 or contact us online.
See below for more information regarding changes in programming.
All ABE classes are being moved online. Students should contact their teachers for more information!
Lorena Zamarripa – email@example.com
Maria Ramsey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our FCW team will continue assisting families at this time. If you need assistance, please contact the following individuals:
General Community Assistance: Rosana Perri (email@example.com)
Physical, Behavioral, Financial Wellbeing & Social Integration: Maria Valadez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Siembra Salud Home Garden Program: Cecilia Saavedra (email@example.com)
Our P2S team will be continue working to support their students and families remotely. If you have questions or need support, please contact a member of our team.
If you have any other questions, please contact Carmen Chagolla at firstname.lastname@example.org.