Pathways to Success cultivates leadership potential in students by improving school attendance, fostering pro-social interactions, and reestablishing family engagement.
By the Numbers
Attendance: School-Based Support
Student Advocates mentor youth in order to improve their attendance and academic performance. Through individualized case management, they prepare students for post-secondary education and career success.
- Access to after-school and summer programming
- Monthly personal and educational development workshops
- Career exploration, training, and job placement
- Referrals to resources within their school and community
- Access to post-secondary education and employment opportunities that may include resources regarding FAFSA, scholarships, and job referrals.
Trained facilitators meet weekly with youth in a group setting to build a positive value system. Meetings are based on the philosophy that youth need other men and women, their family, and their community to care for, assist, heal, guide, and successfully prepare them for adulthood.
Xochikalli — Leadership for Young Women
Ollin — Leadership for Young Men
Weekly sessions include:
- Defining Palabra
- Defining Adulthood
- Healthy Relationships
- Pregnancy and STI Prevention
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Goal Setting/Decision Making
- Defining Personal Identity
- Anger Management/Violence Prevention
Our Family Strengthening Coach collaborates with Student Advocates to provide holistic services to students and their families. Student success requires family engagement, which is why we take a two-generational approach in delivering our services.
- Constant Communication with Parents
- Family Nights
- Referrals to Community and Educational Resources
- Engagement through Nemilistli
A family strengthening and leadership development program that maintains that at the base of every culture, community, and parent are resiliency factors that can be tapped to assist parents and family members to build positive, healthy relationships with their children and themselves.
- My Family, My Heart
- Character Development
- Gifts and Baggage
- Values with Value
- Growing and Learning
- Parent and Teacher — The Purpose
- Tradition and Ceremony
- Getting to Know My Family Again